Monday, January 8, 2007

Week 4 Day 1

Hello Everyone,
It is five minutes into the 4th week of the challenge and I am in serious trouble. My knees are killing me! I hate to admit this but maybe old age is setting in. I ran walked 4 miles today (mostly walked), and I was in pain the whole route.
Lynn, I'm happy to see that you are back to the exercise and in my eyes you are skinny enough!
Jamie, you go girl, I am happy to see that you are doing so well in the training and not using the F@#$@! word.
Teece, all I can say is I also love the stories and you are going to have your hands full with little girls after your baby boy! Watch out!

Well I did send my baby boy off to the wilds of Florida. It is comforting to know that mom and Jamie are close by in case of emergency. As of right now all I know is that he landed safely and I did not hear from him again so I think that must mean someone picked him up at the airport. I have attached a few pictures from dropping him off at the airport and tolerating his mother to allow her to take a picture.
Saturday night we went out to dinner for Nick's send off to Florida with Joe (yes, joe!), Tiffany and Jake, Jacqueline (Nick's girlfriend?), Nick and myself . I had Tiff take a few pictures if they turn out I will post so you can see the girlfriend.
Wednesday I have a meeting with a biotech company regarding a position that they have. Not sure if this would be a fit or even the money would be close but it is good to go through the motions of an interview.
I am enjoying working with the non-profit doing their strategic planning. I have needed to get the brain juices flowing again and this really helps and the work is also enjoyable. To bad it is gratis.
Well all I need to go to bed love you all,
deb

4 comments:

JBird said...

Deb hope the interview went well.

It is cold here today! low 30's so like 20-ish at work this morning. I loose feeling in my fingers and toes!!!
warmed up to 55 this afternoon. Took bear for a 4 mile run. He loves it. He got to flush out some innocent ducks who were trying to cross the road at the wrong time! They should know better! 4 miles felt very far today. I kept trying to quote Dori from the movie Finding Nemo with a twist. "Just keep jogging, Just keep jogging, Just keep jogging!"
Anyway another hour on to that 40 minutes doesn't seem doable right now but will keep my mind open.

Getting psyched for Ma's party this weekend. We are doing a Texas Hold em poker time limit card game first starting at 6pm - I have to pick up AB at the airport at 7pm then it will be all about Ma's early bday celebration.

I was hoping AB could come stay with Ma while CW and I are in Hawaii. Due to this cruise that won't be happening. I am gonna have Larry and Sarah plan a mid week date for dinner with her. Larry usually checks in on her daily when we are outta town. She has agreed to not walk bear while I am gone. He typically is fine but I worry he is soooo strong when he sees another animal or should another dog come after him I wouldn't want ma to have to deal with it or stumble etc. Ya know?

Anyway I ordered Ma's suprise bday cake today. It is called Chocolate lovers delight. Chocolate cake with a hint of Rasberry filling with sugared rasberries on the top. Frosted beautifully. Should be very delicious!!!

Wish you all could be here. She is doing great - I swear she gets better looking every year. She usually walks around 2 miles most days I run, if I don't go right after work.

Well gotta go to bed. I continue to struggle to get to sleep at a decent hour. I have no problem going to bed early it is just going to sleep early that I struggle with.

Love Jbird

JBird said...

One more thing.
DEB IF YOU BOD IS HURTING DURING AND AFTER JOGGING, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND BE A WALKER. WHEN MY KNEES ACT UP AND HURT I BABY EM. WE DO NOT WANT TO MESS WITH ANYTHING THAT COULD BE AN ISSUE ONGOING!!! I THINK I SHOULD CHANGE MY DORI QUOTE FOR ALL OF US 'JUST KEEP MOVING, JUST KEEP MOVING' HOWEVER WE EACH DO THAT IS DETERMINED BY HOW OUR BODIES ARE FEELING!!!
OR
'JUST LIVE HEATHY, JUST LIVE HEALTHY'

ALSO I WANT TO TAKE THIS TIME TO ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO DONATE BLOOD ONGOING. IT IS REALLY NEEDED EVERYWHERE ESP AFTER THE HOLIDAYS. I REALLY FEEL GOOD ABOUT CONSISTENTLY GIVING ALL LAST YEAR AND PLAN TO CONTINUE TO DO SO.

BY THE WAY LYNN: I AM SCHEDULED FOR A BLOOD DRIVE AT BUSCH ON 1/30 WHEN YOU ARE IN JAX, SO IF YOU WANT YOU AND TIM CAN COME TOO. FREE BEVERAGES AND PRETZELS AT BUDWEISER HOSPITALITY ROOM FOLLOWING THE DONATING. WE BRUSH OFF THE DONATING RULE ABOUT NOT DRINKING ALCOHOL UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER GIVING BLOOD!!!
LOVE AGAIN
J

Teece said...

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE. I TELL YOU MOTHER NATURE IS PISSED AND WE BETTER FIGURE OUT WHY. MAN THIS IS JUST CRAZY. TREES ARE SPITTING HOMES IN TWO. NEEDLESS TO SAY I WORKOUT WHEN I CAN. MOSTLY, I GRAB SOMETHING UNHEALTHY TO EAT IN THE CAR ON MY TRIPS. I AM GLAD TO SEE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO KEEP FIT. I PROMISE TO BLOG AND WORKOUT MORE-IT MAY JUST HAVE TO BE A MONTH OR TWO FROM NOW.

lynn said...

Hi everyone. deb you are so good about this blogging thing. the pics are great.

i have been pretty faithful with my exercising - not seeing any real results but definitely feel better by doing it. it is tough getting old.

well it looks like the good ole day at telcordia are coming to an end for me. i spoke with my boss friday evening - he said my job is pretty much history. they are trying to move me over to Corporate marketing in the software training division. i did ask him if they realize that i don't know anything about software training. told me the details are to be worked out. however he also said that if off the record i don't want the position he will be glad to go back and tell them that i am not a good fit for the position - duh! also there would be a lot of traveling with it and i am not up for that. love to travel put want to be doing that with tim. so i guess i will be on a total vacation when i am down in florida.

so anyone want to come visit us?

jamie i am so proud of you being able to run 4 miles. i can do it to be it is in my sleep. in my sleep i am a very good runner.

deb i am all about the walking - definitely want to save those knees.

teece - i don't know how you do what you do honey. you are such a good worker bee. i saw the picture you sent out today - can't believe how devasted those folks must be.

well i love you guys. wish we could all get together.

hopefully we will talk soon