Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!
Here it is January 2nd and we are now into the 4th week of the challenge. Most of us have not kept with the training program and that is fine what is important is to keep exercising. This is what I'm telling myself to try to motivate myself to run three miles today. The truth is it is 1:26 pm in the afternoon I am sitting up on my bed with the tv on and trying to take the steps of finding a job. The technology is amazing where we really don't need to leave my bed just keep posing my resume writing letters and getting more depressed by the minute.

Well I'm sure each of you have made resolutions and if I don't post mine I will probably not stick to it. So here goes:
1) find a job
2) find my religion
3) find something I'm passionate about
4) exercise
5) I will be seeing Europe for the first time in my life.
6) expand my horizons with people (need to make new friends)
Definitely not exciting but it is areas I need working on.
Last night I was lucky enough to go out to dinner with both of my kids. I can't tell you the last time the three of us have been alone and having dinner together. Mom we went to Chevy's bar. Teece, you remember that is where John won the Chili contest. What was even more amazing is that Nick paid for the dinner. Wow! Thank you Nick. Neither were impressed with my resolutions to say the least; other then getting a job.

I still want to address the meeting of the four of us. I know things need to settle for Teece and Jimbo you won't be happy with this but if Teece goes to Florida it will be with her family. It won't be a sister trip. I would really like to see the Wulff girls get together in 2007.

Well here is to love, laughter and happiness for all of us in 2007.
Love you all,
deb

3 comments:

lynn said...

okay - so i haven't exactly lived up to the challenge. However, I am back in to the exercising. I did so many situps the last few days that i am unbelievable tummy pain. it is good tho cuz it helps me to not notice all of my other aches and pains (old age).

i don't really have any new year resolutions - other than to not make any - cuz i never keep them when i do make them.

deb - i love the picture of the Tiff and Nick. you are right where did all the time go. we definitely need to all get together - time just goes by toooo quickly.

teece - wondering what kind of severe punishment you doled out to Chase for his little movie adventure. you do have a way of making me laugh with all of your stories. I am still on a mission to find that soccer barbie doll. - maybe we could get Nana to sew one and then we could glue it on to barbie.

any one got any ideas for mom's b'day? i am kind of at a loss.

love you all and miss ya. here's to being skinny the next time i see ya (like that will ever happen).
Lynn

JBird said...

Happy New Year to all!
Ran two yesterday walked two today and plan on running three tomorrow. Ate healthy 5 days in a row then went off track tonight!!!
I have to enter the race by Jan 31 to get a cheaper price, the run is March 10th It is such a big race they don't allow day of race entry. So I am gonna see how my running goes til then and make the decision to enter or not. We leave for Hawaii in about a month so I wanna be feeling as good physically as I do mentally on vacation and beyond, ya know? The training schedule and checking in with y'all (sorry for the southern slang!) does keep you aware to exercise even if I haven't followed it.
My biggest resolution is to be posiive and appreciative and try try try to stop the neg talk! I am doing better. I really am impressed with myself with my resolutions that I have kept the past few years: One was to reduce, then give my use of the F-word. I can tell you now I rarely, if ever use that one and am liking not saying it. the other was a resolution I made when I moved here to try to go to church every Sunday. I have made it with just missing a few Sundays. I have to say that finding your religion is tough sometimes because I feel like an in betweener. It is difficult when I am not right on with some things from each church I go to. But I do make it a point to focus on my time with god and I truely beleieve that a relationship with god and prayer is essential and comforting. I can tell you all that I pray for all of our family daily/weekly to be healthy, happy successful and full of joy. Praying for yous also makes me feel closer to you -
I say an additional prayer for peace for Vic.

As far as Mom's bday -you never can go wrong w/ a STARBUCKS CARD!!!
Also there is this Vidalia chopper that is a TV ad that chops veggies, fruit, etc. I think it is in the AS SEEN ON TV STORE it is around $19.99 and I know she would love one.
We are celebrating her bday Sat 1/13/07. She does make 82 look fine doesn't she?

Love to all
keep up the healthy exercise habits!!!
Jbird

JBird said...

Bear and I ran 4 miles today!!!!!

We are pooped. This afternoon I finally got my house vac'd after cleaning up and putting away all that xmas shit!!! Man I really cannot stand any of it after xmas!!! Feels good,I am gonna get my sweaty bod into the shower so I will be clean and ready to watch the Seahawks kick the Cowboys butts!!!!!
Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!
love you all
jbird